Live-in Care Guide
In this blog we will talk you through what you should expect from our live-in care packages.
At Bluebird Care Wakefield and Kirklees, we offer a range of care packages that are unique to our customers. We know that every customer is different and that some may need more support than others, which is why we offer numerous care packages.
What is live-in care?
Where homecare typically involves carers making routine visits to your home, live-in care involves one carer living in your home on a daily and nightly basis. While this is often referred to as ’24-hour care’, this does not mean that your carer will be actively working for 24 hours. Usually, your carer will have a shift of 10 hours with breaks included. Should care be needed within the breaks, this can be arranged.
At Bluebird Care Wakefield and Kirklees, we see our customers as unique individuals. This is why we offer personalised care packages to all of our customers.
What does it entail?
All our packages are personal and unique in order to meet the needs of our customers. Typically, a package includes:
- Waking up/ going to sleep
- Meal prepping and cooking
- Household chores
- Family/friend visits
- Fun outings
- Personal care (showering, hair/skin care, etc.)
- Pet care
- Specialist and continence care
We are aware that not everyone will need some of the above listed help, and that others may need additional support that is not mentioned on the list. This is why we tailor all of our care packages to our customers to make sure we are meeting their care needs. Should you require extra assistance, we can arrange this for you.
What are the benefits?
Because we enable you to stay in your own home, which means that you feel safe and comfortable, there are many benefits. Here are just a few:
- There is no need to move out of your home
A a carer will be living in your home, providing you with the care and support that you need. This means that there is no need to make any huge changes to your day-to-day life, and that you will not have the added disruption and stress of moving out of your home.
- A personal service that is unique to you
Your needs are considered every step of the way. Your package will be personal to you and support will be available as and when you need it.
- A wide range of care and support
Our packages include support in many forms: personal care, housework, social activities. Refer to the list above to see what else we can provide.
24-hour care allows you to be flexible with your care needs in ways an hourly service cannot. We can provide you with the help and support that you need at the times you need them most.
- Regular check-ups
At Bluebird Care Wakefield and Kirklees, we realise that your needs may change over time. This is why we aim to check in with you regularly to make sure you are still satisfied with your care and to see if there are any changes you wish to make to your care package.
- Fully trained and compassionate care assistants
All our care assistants are fully trained to aid you with all of your care needs. They are also very compassionate people who will respect your privacy and your home whilst delivering you quality care.
What is our process?
Here is a brief example of the process we will use when considering your package:
- We will ask you a few questions about yourself (about your care needs and your health).
- We will then contact you to book an assessment date, where we will ask you a few more questions about your care needs. We will also use this as an opportunity to get to know you so that we can make sure we are providing you with exactly what you need.
- Based on your assessment, we will create a care plan that is completely personal to you.
- We will then select a member of staff that we think would be able to meet your care needs. They will always be fully trained and have had a background check before being allocated to you.
- We will check in regularly to make sure you are still happy with your care package, and to see if any changes need to be made to your care plan.
If we still haven’t answered all of your questions, feel free to view our official guide here.
You can contact our office to inquire about a care package on 01977 708787.
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.