Mindful Employer Charter
Bluebird Care Rushcliffe & Melton has signed the 'Mindful Employer Charter', demonstrating an on-going commitment to support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
As an employer we recognise that in the UK, people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work. Having signed the ‘Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health’, we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
As an employer, we have made an on-going commitment to:
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill health.
- Not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
- Be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition.
- Support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- Ensure we are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- Make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
We have quickly got to work on implementing our mental health and wellbeing strategy by introducing several new processes / support mechanisms for our employees, including:
- Completing personalised Wellbeing Action Plans (WAP) for every member of staff which will be reviewed at least annually.
- Enrolling several staff members to become Mental Health First Aiders.
- Encouraging staff to complete a bi-weekly 'check-in' survey which will prompt support from management if employees indicate that they are struggling.
- Incorporated awareness of mental health and wellbeing into our induction training programme.
For more information visit https://www.mindfulemployer.dpt.nhs.uk/.
Established in 2004, Mindful Employer is a UK wide initiative run by Devon Partnership NHS Trust. Providing employers with easier access to professional Workplace Mental Health training, information and support, the initiative aims to help empower employers to take a lead in supporting the mental wellbeing of their staff. By signing the ‘Charter for Employer Positive About Mental Health’, Bluebird Care Rushcliffe & Melton have made a public statement of our desire to support the mental health of our staff across the organisation.
Peter Bryan (Registered Care Manager)
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.