13 Point checklist and guarantee
This is a Gurantee that we offer all our customers. A checklist to ensure that only the best staff give the best care and support to those that are elderly and vulnerable.
Here at Bluebird Care Leicester, before we start any package of care for you or your loved ones we make sure that our Care Professionals go through the following checklist so that we can provide the best care and support for your individual needs.
And because we stick to these high standards we can safely guarantee the best possible service. Please see the points below and discover what we do to keep you safe, give you peace of mind, security, reassurance and freedom.
- Vetted by our tough recruitment process – a thorough understanding by new staff of Bluebird Care’s high standards making sure you are safe regardless of who comes to assist
- Knowledge and understanding of the staff members' past experience and suitability – so that you are assured that our staff members’ knowledge and expertise is without comparison.
- All Staff should look presentable to the standard we expect – clean, ironed uniform, ID badge and hair tied up – to adhere to this at all times so that you are assured of their competency and commitment to our high standards
- All Staff tested on verbal and written knowledge of care principles and main do and don’ts so that we provide the best care and attention to you.
- A good understanding of the specific needs of the individual customer – briefing given prior to the first visit so that our staff members knows your individual preferences from the get-go so you don’t have to worry telling them what to do.
- A full and tested understanding of the Medication Management Protocol as approved by Leicestershire County Council and the Care Quality Commission. Mistakes with Medication can be costly – we do not take chances with your care and make sure we have full knowledge or your medication needs and thus safeguarding your health and wellbeing.
- A full and tested understanding of nationally accredited Moving and Handling techniques that can avoid the risk of falls. Falls in the home is one of the biggest reasons that you could be admitted to hospital - In our capable hands you will be safe when being moved and giving you peace of mind in your own home.
- An exceptional knowledge and usage of infection control procedures that considerably reduced the risk of cross-infection whilst carrying out different hygiene based tasks. Basic hygiene is a must, but we take extra precautions to ensure you are not put any risk of infections and so keeping you strong and healthy.
- A thorough understanding of procedures in handling exceptional circumstances – so that we know exactly what to do and who to contact if you are in pain or have had a seizure, stroke, heart attack, seeping sores etc meaning help can be called quickly.
- All carers have integral working knowledge of state-of-the -art phone Apps that give further assistance to them in emergencies and can relay real-time information to the office about tasks carried out meaning that urgent assistance can be given in good time.
- Specific training and key understanding of the following (but not limited to) :-
Learning Disabilities/ Autism
General cancer symptoms
End of Life Care
So that our carers have all the bases covered in terms of knowledge of these conditions and know what to do to for specific conditions and situations and so be able the give you the best care possible
- Weekly monitoring and support for all new members of staff for a 12 week period to enable sufficiently high standard making sure you are in the best hands at all times.
- On-going support and training on new areas to keep staff up-to-date on new guidelines so that if your condition changes, we are aware and able to provide the best possible care and attention.