Live-in dementia care at home
It’s easier to help yourself, eat the right foods and exercise when you’re confident in your surroundings. For people with dementia the stability of being safe at home in familiar surroundings, close to the people and things that they know and love is of utmost importance. Dementia is progressive and it’s quite usual for people to continue living at home with just a little assistance as the condition progresses. When it’s no longer safe and comfortable to live at home alone, live in care is a low stress, cost effective way to make sure that the person affected can continue to live how they want, where they want, for as long as they want.
We believe that it’s vital to work with the person with dementia to help them to keep active and engaged as much as possible. We do this by paying attention to all aspects of the persons’ well-being:
- We work closely with occupational therapists, mental health teams, healthcare and third sector organisations to co-ordinate day to day healthcare needs.
- Our specially selected and matched homecare assistant works with the person, their family and our dedicated supervisors to devise a programme of activities designed to be interesting and stimulating.
- The homecare assistant works with the person on a safe, approved set of exercises, appropriate to their state of health and abilities.
- Where required, we work with the person’s spiritual or religious network to ensure that they continue to receive the pastoral care they need.
- As the person nears the end of their life, we provide calm, reassuring, support and care to them and their family: always focussing on them and their right to end their days in peace, with dignity.
We select our team very carefully because it takes a special person to live with and look after someone who’s living with dementia. It’s not enough to be highly trained, professional and competent: the homecare assistant must be warm, caring, compassionate and understanding. As we’re a local company, our specialist live in care supervisor works closely with the homecare assistant, visiting frequently and monitoring the interaction between the customer and the homecare assistant to make sure that the best possible care and support is provided at all times.
Call us on 020 8744 9948 to discuss any questions that you may have.
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.