Respite care options
Caring for a loved one can be rewarding, but it’s important for both of you that you get a bit of time off every now and then.
Respite care options
Our Respite Care service is flexible and is tailored to your individual needs. Respite care can be:
- Short-term package – for example if you are looking to take a holiday
- Longer-term regular visits – allowing you to take a regular break to rest and recharge such as a daily or weekly visit
Short-term respite care
Things always crop up out of the blue and this is where short-term respite care, can come in useful. It is great for when the primary carer is taking a holiday, has extra work responsibilities or simply just needs a break.
You might want to consider short stay care if:
- You have a holiday planned
- You need additional support – perhaps to free up some of your time
- Your loved one needs help to recover from an illness or operation so needs additional care time
- You’re considering having full time home care for your loved one permanently and they’d like a set up some trial visits
- The person you’re caring for may feel lonely and could benefit from some additonal care time
Long-term respite care
Long-term respite care is planning respite care visits longer term so that they are in place regularly. This is different to traditional home care, and the best way differentiate between the two is that long-term respite care is planning respite care visits longer term in to the future but you will still be the primary carer, whereas home care would be the care provider taking over full care responsibilities.
We're here for you
If you’re looking for some respite care, whether it be short term or longer term with more regular support, we are trained to support and care for individuals in the comfort of their own homes.
No matter your need get in touch with us today and our deadicated team will be happy to help.
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.