Writing a Will
“Tomorrow is promised to No One”
Could you justify leaving your loved ones with nothing?
Stop taking life for granted, because tomorrow is never guaranteed…
70% of people in the UK have yet to make a Will. It’s a task that many of us are guilty of putting off, assuming it will be a complicated, lengthy and costly process.
Writing a Will is one of the most important tasks you will undertake in life, setting out the future for the people most precious to you. Without making a Will before you die, you will be exposing them to unnecessary risks.
Dangers if you don’t make a Will:
- Your spouse may not inherit your entire estate
- Nobody being appointed to look after your children and their inheritance
- Unmarried partners receiving nothing
- Your estate passing to your spouse’s family and not your own
- Family members you did not wish to benefit from your estate could receive a share
- Unnecessary family disputes and legal costs
- Forced sale of the family home
- Avoidable inheritance tax liabilities
- Assets being unnecessarily exposed to care home fees
- Your spouse remarrying after your death may affect your children’s inheritance
Don’t do a DIY job on their future.
The laws around Wills can be complex and confusing. Give yourself peace of mind and instruct a professional to draft your Will and keep it updated as your life (and the people in it) evolve.
Our expert solicitors will use plain English and guide you through the process. With upfront and transparent fees, making a Will can be a straightforward and easy process!
Enough excuses! Take care and provide for your loved ones and future generations.
Contact Andrew Milburn for FREE initial consultation on 0113 297 3181 (home visits available).
Additional: Andrew is a solicitor in the Private Client Team. Specialising in wide range of areas including Wills & estate planning, probate, estate administration, estate disputes, lasting powers of attorney, court of protection work and issues involving care home fees.
Andrew is also a member of Solicitors for the Elderly and a Dementia Friend.
Guest Blogger – Levi Solicitors LLP
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.