Live-in care in Lewisham & Southwark
Our Home Care service is very successful in promoting independent living at home, however there is a limit to what can be safely achieved, even with regular daily visits.
For those who need more support throughout the day and for whom life at home will always be preferred to Residential Care, our locally managed Live-in Care service may be the answer.
Watch our short introductory film by clicking on the image below:
Features & benefits of Live-in Care at home
- Your own Personal Assistant (PA) – who lives with you or your loved one in a second bedroom, enabling you/them to prolong the benefits and comfort of life at home, including valuable local social support networks. All our PA's are carefully selected, thoroughly vetted and trained to our high standards
- Person-centred Care tailored to you – you decide what you'd like your carer to do, and when, though if you're unsure, we're here to help: see our Homecare in Lewisham & Southwark page. We aim to do more than simply meet peoples' basic needs, however, we make every effort to take into account your interests and abilities in order to enrich your life as much as possible: see Live Life Your Way
- Comprehensive Care service – we offer daily visits and overnight care as well as live-in care. Whatever your care needs, we can support you fully throughout your journey, so you are always dealing with familiar people who know you well. This also eliminates the additional administrative burden of having to deal with multiple providers for different elements of your care.
- Regular local Supervision – our Supervisor, based in the Lewisham & Southwark office only a few miles away, pays regular visits to ensure the service is being provided as agreed and to a high standard. This ensures that signs of potential problems are picked up early on and can be addressed before any situations develop
- PA’s are our employees – we employ all our staff ourselves, so unlike self-employed "supply only" services, our customers are not deemed “Employers” for legal or tax purposes, there is no obligation on either the customer or their PA to update training or insurance certificates, or agree a Care Plan between themselves. All compliance and administration is overseen by our local office
- Electronic Care Plan Management – instant amendments and updates to Care Plans, real-time reporting of Care Notes to the office and the ability to share everything securely with family members and advocates via mobile devices
You can view and download our Live-in Care brochure here.
The wonderful people at Bluebird Care started looking after my 90-year old Mother, who had limited mobility, helping her though her morning and evening routines, and generally supporting her sense of wellbeing when my Father was coming to the end of his days. This has continued and, now that Mother is 93 years, Bluebird provides all-round, Live-in Care. This means Mother continues in her own home, receiving as visitors both family and friends, enjoying the familiarity of everything around her. This has proven very successful, avoiding the need for a nursing home. The people are kind and considerate, know what they are doing, say in close contact, and I couldn't recommend them highly enough.
How can we help?
For an increasing number of our customers, Live in Care is a natural progression from their Care visits at home service. To find out more about arranging an assessment of your needs, please see our Setting up your Care service section.
Alternatively, call us on 020-7635-1930 Mon-Fri 08.30am - 5.00pm.
We offer a high quality, private Homecare and Live in Care service throughout the London Boroughs of Lewisham & Southwark, including: Bermondsey, Blackheath, Brockley, Camberwell, Catford, Elephant & Castle, Deptford, Dulwich, Forest Hill, Lee, Lewisham, New Cross, Peckham, Southwark, Sydenham and Walworth.
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.