How are we caring safely?
We always have the well-being and safety of our Customers and staff at the forefront of our practices, and throughout the Covid 19 pandemic we have worked hard to keep everyone safe.
We understand our customers continue to worry about the risk of Covid-19, which is why we will always do our very best to protect them from the virus as much as we possibly can.
We provide all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) that our care assistants need to care for our customers safely. We have a stock of PPE which is reviewed regularly to ensure we have a continuous supply for our care assistants.
The PPE we supply as per government guidelines includes:
- Type II R (fluid resistant) surgical face masks
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Face visors (used as required)
We have a range of measures in place to protect our customers and care assistants from Covid-19:
- All our care assistants wear full PPE in all care visits.
- We ask all our staff to undertake regular lateral flow testing. We have a supply of lateral flow testing kits at the disposal of all our staff
- We do not accept customers coming home from hospital without a Covid-19 test result
- Care assistants do not travel in the same vehicle during double calls
- Regular communications are circulated with all staff in relation to the Covid-19 guidelines and best practices
- Our office space is risk assessed to comply with guidelines to ensure a safe working environment. For example, all staff members are safely distanced, hand sanitiser is widely available, cleaning regime is in place
- All care assistants and visitors must wear a mask when visiting the office
- Anyone attending face-to-face training sessions must take a lateral flow test
All our staff are aware and reminded regularly about the symptoms of Covid-19.
They are vigilant about these symptoms regarding themselves and our customers. Our care assistants report immediately if they or a customer is unwell, from which we will follow PHA guidelines based upon presenting symptoms.
In February 2021 we received an unannounced inspection from the RQIA. From their inspection, the Inspector confirmed and documented that:
‘Good practice was found in relation to Infection Prevention Control (IPC); there was evidence that staff had been adhering to the current Covid-19 guidance on the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and supporting service users to adhere to guidance in regards to social distancing, hand hygiene and the wearing of facemasks’
A service user commented to the inspector:
‘They always wear gloves, aprons and masks; it is hard to hear them sometimes’.
When the inspector spoke with our care assistants, she noted comments such as:
‘Too much PPE, but that’s good’
‘We get a weekly Covid newsletter’.
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.