Bluebird Care hold annual conference and bring together people from across the sector
Bluebird Care held their annual conference at the De Vere Beaumont Estate in Windsor on Friday 27th September.
Bluebird Care held their annual conference at the De Vere Beaumont Estate in Windsor on Friday 27th September, where they invited all franchise owners to join the franchise support team and senior members of Bluebird Care to hear from sector leading experts, as well as the opportunity to network with a number of exhibitors at the conference. The theme of this year’s conference was ‘Driving Excellence’, with the Bluebird Care senior team showcasing some excellent examples of what high quality care looks like in the Bluebird Care network, as well as the importance of your people and how to recruit the very best in care.
The event also had well known speakers from the sector come for the day and speak to franchise owners.
- Colin Angel, Policy Director of United Kingdom Homecare Association (UKHCA).
- Jennifer Sheets President and CEO of Caring Brands International and Interim HealthCare Inc
- Sally Gunnell OBE
- Colin Maclachlan
An Awards Gala Dinner followed the main event where a variety of Franchise Awards were presented to those who have gone above and beyond in their work over the past year:
- Bluebird Care Founders Award – awarded to Bluebird Care Trafford, franchise owner Ian Helsby.
- Spirit of Bluebird Care – awarded to Bluebird Care Gosport, franchise owner Kat Thomas.
- Newcomer of the Year – awarded to Bluebird Care Gosport, franchise owner Kat Thomas.
- Spotlight of the Year – awarded to Bluebird Care Bournemouth, franchise owner’s Mel & Juliet Cohen.
- Limelight of the Year – awarded to Bluebird Care Chichester, franchise owner Paul & Kate Barry.
- Franchise of the Year – awarded to the standout franchise from the Newcomer, Spotlight, Limelight awards - Bluebird Care Chichester, franchise owner Paul & Kate Barry.
- Bluebird Care ‘Network’ Star of the Year – an award given to a member of the Franchise Support Centre who has made the most contribution to franchisee engagement in the network – Julie Gambrill, Business Development Manager Lead.
Speaking after the event, Yvonne Hignell, Managing Director of Bluebird Care, said:
“Our annual conference is an excellent way to celebrate a year of hard work from everyone across the Bluebird Care network. The franchise owners have ensured Bluebird Care has had another exceptional year and I am very proud to be leading such an inspirational group of people.
“Thank you to everyone who has made this day possible and I look forward to many more years celebrating Bluebird Care’s success”.
Bluebird Care UK senior team (L-R): David Cowan, Managing Director at LLCP; Chloe Mahtani, Head of People Development, Engagement and Culture; Jennifer Sheets – President and CEO of Caring Brands International and Interim Healthcare Inc; Yvonne Hignell, Managing Director; Paula Spriggs, Director of Business Development & Network Growth; Neil Murray, Head of Compliance & Quality; Hannah Banfield, Marketing & Communications Director; Wayne Smith, Finance Director