What is Live-In Care?
What is Live In Care? Round-the-clock care, help, and companionship right in your own home.
What is Live-In Care?
Our Home Care service is perfect for helping people live independently at home, however, there may come a time when a number of short visits each day is not enough to keep you or a loved one at home.
For those who need more reassurance, or perhaps more support throughout the day, and for whom life at home will always be preferred to residential care, our “locally-supervised” live-in care service may be the answer.
Bluebird Care's Live in Care at home
- Your own live in care assistant – who lives with you in your home in a second bedroom; customers are able to prolong the benefits and comfort of life at home, including invaluable local social support networks. All our live in care assistants are carefully selected, thoroughly vetted and trained to our high standards
- Person-centred Care tailored to you – what you want, when you want it but we aim to do more then simply meet basic care needs; we make every effort to take into account your interests and abilities in order to enrich your life as much as possible
- Regular local Supervision – our Live in Care team, based in Kingsclere, oversee all placements and pay regular visits to ensure the service is being provided as agreed and to a high standard. This ensures that any potential issues are identified early so that preventative action can be taken before problems arise. There is also the additional benefit that the local home care team is on hand as back up if ever needed (sickness, family emergencies, etc)
- Electronic Care Plan Management – Technology is a wonderful thing! At Bluebird Care our staff now follow digital care plans on their mobile devices using electronic care management software – a far more efficient, secure and reliable system than the paper ones it replaced. instant updates and amendments to care plans, real-time reporting of care notes to the office and the ability to share everything securely with family members and advocates via mobile devices.
Our Bluebird Care live in care service provides continuity of staff. People who know and understand your lifestyle and will support you with your specific routine and care needs; a dedicated person who enables you to live the life you want to.
When organising your live in care service, Bluebird Care will talk you through all the options so that you understand what lifestyle package fits best. We'll then go on to talk to you and your family to find out exactly what you require so we can provide a live in care assistant that best matches your needs.
Bluebird Care cares for its amazing team of care assistants, so that they in turn, take good care of you. - All our care assistants are directly employed. Bluebird Care takes care of all the necessary employment checks with the police and criminal records authorities as well as taking previous employer references. We also deal with all the administrative, financial and legal responsibilities and provide ongoing accredited training and supervision to ensure that the highest quality of care is maintained, always.
Our local office team are on hand every day of the year to oversee any issues as part of our fully managed care service including regular reviews at your home. We support both our customer and their family in person and as your needs change, we are on hand to respond. We understand it is the little things on a day to day basis that mean the most. You can download our guide to live - in care or alternatively visit who is live in care for? to find out more on the type of care we can provide to meet you or your loved one's needs.
The live-in care is the best move we have made regarding my Dad’s care. He appears so much happier now he has company and is not lonely. I can sleep much easier too knowing that someone is looking after him 24/7 especially as his confusion worsens and wants to wander.
How Do i Start?
At Bluebird Care North Hampshire, we understand that life can be can complicated at the best of times. That’s why we like to keep things as simple and straightforward as possible for our customers: After initial contact, we’ll liaise with you to find the best time to visit you, and will work together with you and your family to create and agree on a care plan that suits your needs.
You will be introduced to both your support supervisor, who will be responsible for developing and managing your overall support package, and talking through any worries you may have about aspects of your care, so that they don’t become persistent concerns.
Once we have mutually agreed your care plan, it will be delivered exactly as agreed. Our whole ethos is built around providing ‘good old-fashioned service’ that puts the heart back into live-in care. We will contact you on a regular basis to ensure you are happy with the service you are receiving, and review.
Technology is a wonderful thing! At Bluebird Care our staff now follow digital care plans on their mobile devices using electronic care management software – a far more efficient, secure and reliable system than the paper ones it replaced.
The first step is to contact our Kingsclere office and talk to one of our friendly team. You can then arrange a visit in your own home which is an ideal opportunity to ask all your questions face-to-face. When you're ready, contact us by phone on 01256 762324 or complete our Online Contact form and our team will be able to assist you.
Mum has been cared for by a live-in carer for nearly two years with twice-daily domiciliary care added more recently. The carers from Bluebird Care have, almost without exception, been caring, kind and proficient. Office staff are polite and usually return calls in a timely fashion. They always do their best to resolve problems once they have understood the issue. I take great confidence from knowing Mum is being well cared for.
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.