Bluebird Care rated "Overall Outstanding"
Bluebird Care, Andover & Stockbridge’s multi-award winning home & live-in care provider, today celebrated with customers and staff as they were named as the first ever care company in Andover to receive an “Overall Outstanding” rating by the care industry regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC).Bluebird Care, Andover & Stockbridge’s multi-award winning home & live-in care provider, today celebrated with customers and staff as they were named as the first ever care company in Andover to receive an “Overall Outstanding” rating by the care industry regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
This is the highest accolade that the CQC award and is a first for a care provider in Andover, and indeed the whole of the Test Valley. It places Bluebird Care in the top ten of over 9,550 home & live-in care companies across the whole of the country.
Bluebird Care’s CQC report included:
- A relative remarked: “The staff here make a real difference, the help they give my relative is A class.”
- A social worker said: “This operation of Bluebird Care provides an excellent quality service. We have used this service and have not had so much as one dissatisfied customer. The quality & reliability is superior.”
- One healthcare professional commented: “The great thing is that they know a lot of GPs well and have established that relationship with them so they can work together.”
- A customer said: “They are truly wonderful people, really lovely, lovely staff.”
- A local councillor said: “Absolutely first class; the work they are doing around the community is fantastic. It is making a huge difference.”
Their Bluebird Care Alton & Alresford operation was also rated “Overall Outstanding” by the CQC in February 2016, which was the first ever time a care provider in the whole of Hampshire had achieved this standard.
In addition to Bluebird Care’s top CQC rating, they have also won a hugely impressive nine awards in five short years of operating, including being UK national winners at the 2015 Great British Care Awards, scooping the ‘Best Care Coordinator’ award for their fabulous continuity of care that they provide to all their customers.
Norman Murphy, Owner & Managing Director of Bluebird Care, said: “To be recognised as one of the top care companies in the whole of the country really is a dream come true! We are so proud of our fantastic, professional and caring team who always go the extra mile and are incredibly dedicated in our mission of only delivering the very best in high quality home and live in care.
“The CQC very, very rarely award the top rating, so this hopefully demonstrates to all the people of the Test Valley that when you trust us to care for you or your relative you really are in the very best caring hands.”
The CQC inspector said: “A great report to write and I am more than happy to champion Outstanding services such as Bluebird Care’s as it shows a great example to other providers about what can be achieved.”