Bluebird Care Medway employees to take part in sky dive for charity
On Saturday 28th May, two members of our staff will be bravely doing a sky dive to raise money for charity.On Saturday 28th May, two members of our staff will be bravely doing a sky dive to raise money for charity.
Sue Lowrey, a care assistant from our Medway office, will be raising funds for the Wisdom Hospice. The hospice specialises in end of life care and support across Medway and Swale either in the home or in the hospice. This includes 15 beds, bereavement support and advice and support to patients and their families through this difficult time.
The care they provide is free but they can only keep this going by generating funds through their own events and initiatives and the donations they receive from the likes of Sue.
Melinda Street, our care supervisor from our Ashford & Swale office, will be raising funds for Dementia Support Services. This service, delivered by Medway Community Healthcare, provides support for those living with dementia within the Medway community.
The support can include*:
- assessments of service users current physical and mental health needs
- support and training for carers to enhance their skills
- supporting the discharge of service users from hospital
- signposting to other services that can support service users and their carers
- provide awareness and support around the management of dementia within the community
From everyone here at Bluebird Care Medway, we would like to wish both Sue and Melinda the best of luck!