Supporting Our Customers With MND
At Bluebird Care we tailor our home and live in care support services to suit a range of needs and specialist requirements. Today we are focusing on how we support our customers with Motor Neurone Disease to live a great quality of life.At Bluebird Care, we understand the emotional and practical challenges of living with MND.
We are here to provide our customers and their family with an individually tailored care and support plan, to help you manage these changes well. We aim that this care and support plan will allow you to live a manageable and happy life at home, without needing you to move to a care home.
We will create your personalised care and support plan with you, so we can help you to achieve your specific goals. We will ensure we have a through understanding about what is important in your life and what your personal needs and preferences are.
With your personal needs and requirements in mind we will carefully select suitable care assistants from our dedicated team to provide your support.
Our dedicated staff team are fully trained to provide a wide range of care and support including:
• A good morning start to your day, with help to wash, dress and eat breakfast
• Support to be involved in activities that are important to you, seeing friends and family, or going for a walk
• Help with practical tasks such as housework, shopping and laundry
• Assistance with taking your medicines and/or ensuring you have a readily available supply
• Preparing nutritious meals and providing the support you need to eat and drink well
• A night time call to get you ready for bed
• 24 hour care service to give carers a short term break or live-in care on a longer term basis so that you don’t need to move to a carehome.
Support to stay well
There is no known cure for MND, however, treatment and support can alleviate the symptoms and keep you comfortable. Our high quality homecare services aim to provide you with the best care and support so that you can enjoy your life as much as possible without the added stress and expense of moving into a care home.