Our commitment to you
From the first day we opened our business to serve our community, our customers have been at the heart of everything we do. Our team at Bluebird Care Bath aims to deliver a homecare service that we would be happy for our family and loved ones to receive, and we aim to support our customers to maintain their independence and lifestyle by providing the highest quality of homecare.
At Bluebird Care Bath we offer a personal and professional homecare and support service. We provide the very best possible care and are committed to building a relationship that you can trust.
We have revolutionised the way that high quality, bespoke care is delivered in Bath and the surrounding areas, not only to older people but also to those with specialist care needs, young adults and their families.
We are committed to ensuring people have the option to receive high quality care in their own homes, without the strain and upheaval of leaving home to receive their care.
We believe care matters. Bluebird Care UK began as a small family business dedicated to providing high quality homecare services.
Today we have grown to be the market leader across the UK. Our commitment to delivering the services you want, how you want them, in the comfort of your own home is stronger now than ever.
What makes our homecare services different? Simply, that we put you, the customer first. Our aim is to provide the standard of care that we would want for our own families. This means valuing the unique qualities of each customer and seeing the whole person, not just a list of care needs.
Our services are flexible and respond to your changing priorities and needs. We work together with families to keep our customers in control of their own care as far as they are able. That’s why we always listen carefully to what you tell us about how you want to receive your care and support.
We keep in regular contact, so that you soon get to know the team at your local Bluebird Care UK office. Building a relationship that you can trust and rely upon is central to how we manage our business.
We are also members of the United Kingdom Home Care Association, the organisation that helps home care agencies to achieve high standards of care and support.
Homecare Customer Charter
Our commitment to you
This charter explains what you can expect from all homecare services arranged for you by Bath & North East Somerset Council and CCG.
Our approach to supporting people
We will ensure you receive high quality services to enable you to live as independently and confidently as possible in your own home and community, participating as an active and equal citizen. Homecare is one part of a jigsaw of services and opportunities which might be suitable for you. You may pay for homecare yourself, but if you are entitled to homecare paid for by the Council or CCG, we will purchase homecare on your behalf from private companies who we call our providers.
As part of our approach, homecare can help you to:
- Live as independently as possible
- stay in your own home for as long as possible
- have maximum control over your life
- have the best possible quality of life, irrespective of illness or disability
- maintain your dignity and privacy
Our homecare providers will:
- Arrive in good time, within an agreed window of time (often 30 minutes). If you become concerned that your visit is late, you can call the provider.
- Let you know about any change or unavoidable delay to your service
- Clearly display identification and dress in a presentable manner
- Have professional skills and training appropriate to their role and your needs
- Work in a safe way that does not put you, your family or homecare staff in any danger – and help you stay safe from any form of abuse
- Treat you with courtesy, and respect your dignity, personal circumstances, privacy and confidentiality
- Take a personal approach to meet your needs and goals as agreed in your care plan
- Listen to you and tailor your support to your preferences wherever possible
- Support you irrespective of your age, cultural background, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender or personal support needs
- Involve your family members and carers if you want us to
- Help you get the information you need to make decisions or tell you about how you can contact other services and support.
Our homecare providers will ensure services are properly staffed and funded, and that staff are properly trained, supervised, supported, and checked to make sure you can be confident you will be safe to have them in your home. All providers will be registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) who inspect care services in England.
We ask that you:
- Let your provider know if you don’t need your usual visit if you are able to
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect
- Let your provider know if you carer is late beyond the agreed window of time (generally this will be more than 30 minutes late)
Are we getting things right?
If you want to share a compliment, concern or complaint, speak first to the organisation providing the service, if you can. This will give them a chance to put things right, learn from what you tell them, and continue to improve services.
If you don’t feel comfortable doing this, or if you don’t get the response you
hoped for, we can help you make a complaint. You can contact us by letter, email or phone at the following address:
Bath and North East Somerset Council
Bath, BA1 1BF
Tel: 01225 477752 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org