Parkinson's Disease Care
Living with Parkinson's disease can be emotionally, socially and physically demanding. Whether you are adapting to the news of a recent diagnosis or managing the more advanced stages of this progressive disease, Bluebird Care Epsom & Kingston’s experienced domiciliary care staff can provide you and your family with homecare and support that you can trust.
Bluebird Care Epsom & Kingston’s support to you and your family
There is no cure for Parkinson's disease, however, treatment, domiciliary care and support can help to manage the symptoms. For example, medicines to increase the levels of dopamine in the brain, physiotherapy and speech therapy. Lifestyle changes can also help, such as regular exercise and good nutrition and hydration.
At Bluebird Care Camden & Hampstead, we aim to support you to live as well as possible through all of the changes to your condition. We listen to what is important to you and the goals that you wish to achieve. Together we create a domiciliary care plan that sets out how we will provide a specialised service that is tailored to your individual needs and preferences, allowing you to remain in the familiar surroundings of your own home. This might include:
- Support to continue with the social activities you enjoy
- Cognitive stimulation such as reading or talking
- Help with everyday tasks from getting dressed in the morning and having breakfast to taking a shower and getting ready for bed at night
- Making sure you have the medicines you need
- Support to maintain a healthy diet and to keep hydrated
- Assistance with housework, shopping and laundry
- Help with exercises to strengthen muscles and increase mobility
Find out more about Parkinson’s disease from Parkinson’s UK
For more information about our Parkinson's care and support service, please contact our friendly team on 01372 822875
or complete our contact us form
and we will be in touch.