Bluebird Care is keeping fully abreast of developments relating to the continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the UK and Ireland.
How to get in touch
Following government guidance our office is now closed. All team members will be working from home, so if you would like to get in touch please do so directly on our:
- landline number - 01785 337711
- emergency oncall - you will find this in your care plan
- e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing an emergency and need to speak to a member of the team please call us on the oncall number provided.
What we are doing to protect our staff and customers…
As part of our high standard of training requirements, our teams are already trained in infection prevention and control.
We have also taken a number of further vital steps to protect our staff and our customers, including:
- Made sanitising hand gel available to staff free of charge as a further precaution
- Ordered additional provisions of gloves and aprons
- Provided full guidance to all staff about the virus and the importance of hand washing
- If a member of staff has a positive confirmed diagnosis of Coronavirus we will prepare a list of all customers and staff the affected person has been in contact with for at least the preceding 14 days and report this to the 111 Coronavirus helpline.
Advice for prevention
At the time of writing this notice, there has been a number of cases reported in the UK and this number is steadily rising. However, as with any other virus, the best way to prevent infection and spread is to avoid being exposed to it. You can help to prevent the spread of any respiratory outbreak by doing the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin straight away, or sneeze into the bend of your elbow, then wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with persons who have respiratory illness symptoms.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are unwell, stay at home and contact the 111 Coronavirus helpline (valid in all countries of the UK)
- If you are asked to self-isolate please follow the NHS Advice
-Video from WHO - 6 Ways to Protect Yourself
Useful links for further up to date information
For the most up-to-date information you can visit The Department of Health and Social Care or see the below links for various official sources.
- Gov.uk – Action Plan
- World Health Organisation
- For comprehensive information about COVID-19, please visit:
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.