What is Home Care?
We are often asked “What is home care?“
Mary manages to achieve so much during her visits, she's a proper whirlwind! All those jobs done yet she still has time for a laugh with Mum. She's amazing, thank you.
Home care (also known as domiciliary care) is pretty much whatever you want it to be!
For some, it could be help with washing the floor and making the bed and a friendly chat and a cuppa, or assistance with a lovely warm bath or shower and a hot meal afterwards. For others it could be support with complex care needs or even being with you at the end of your life…and everything else in between.
We sit down with you and discuss what help you would like in order for you to maintain your independence and lifestyle. What little extra support would make the difference so that you can enjoy life and your surroundings? After all, our home care services are tailored around your needs and you tell us what you’d like, rather than the other way around.
If you need help with personal care, of course you'll be embarrassed if you’ve never asked someone to help you with bathing, showering or toileting before… but if that person becomes a trusted friend and it means you can maintain much of your independence and stay living at home, then it’s worth it…and we help lots of other people every day!
Here are some ideas:
- Helping you start the day; getting up, washed, dressed and breakfasted
- Support with medication; reminding and assisting you in taking medicines, as well as collect or return medication
- Mealtime; preparing meals with or for you and assisting at mealtimes
- Outings including pension collection, shopping lists and shopping, either for you or together and then home again to put it all away
- Household; help with your laundry or ironing and keep your home clean and tidy
- Social outings; support you with social activities like going out for a walk, attending a day centre, visiting friends or family or going to your church or club
- Personal care; bathing, showering and toileting, clean clothes, fresh bedding and a thoughtfully prepared meal before bedtime
- Good night and help into bed
I can't thank you enough for arranging Mum's care team. Mum told me yesterday that she loves Mary but that "they are all very good actually", this is music to my ears and all praise to you!
Call Alice TODAY on 020 8877 4950 for a friendly chat
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.