Bluebird Care Walsall launches 'Stay Hydrated this Summer' campaign
Bluebird Care Walsall are urging the community to stay hydrated this summer
We are encouraging older people, their families, friends and neighbours across Walsall to think about staying hydrated this summer and how we can support vulnerable people in the community, who may be at risk.
As the weather starts to get warmer and the sun starts to come out, Bluebird Care Walsall are sending out the strong message that heat and sun exposure is extremely serious and potentially life threatening.
Bluebird Care Walsall have launched their Summer Hydration initiative. As part of this they will be sharing tips across social media and sharing links to national resources to help ensure everyone is prepared for the hotter weather.
With the frequent and sudden changes in British weather Bluebird Care Walsall want to issue a reminder for people to get prepared for the hotter weather.
Tips from the NHS include:
- Keep your home cool by closing your blinds and curtains
- Avoid extreme heat where possible
- Stay hydrated with water, avoiding alcohol, caffeine and sugary drinks
- Stay alert by keeping up to date with weather forecasts
- Check on relatives and neighbours who may be most at risk
- If you need to go outside plan ahead, have plenty of food and water as well as sun protection (sun cream, sun hat and sunglasses)
- Avoid outings in the middle of the day, 11-3pm is the hottest part of the day.
Commenting, Amardeep Heer Director of Bluebird Care Walsall said:
“Staying hydrated in the summer months is vital as the sun can often catch us off guard, giving little time to take precautions against the heat. We are reaching out to the community in Walsall to ensure that they keep in regular contact with their friends and neighbours to take precautions to stay safe this summer.”
For further advice, or if you are looking for home care this summer please get in touch with our team by calling 01922 622 722.