Dignity in Care Campaign – Join Us!
As you all know from the last team meeting, Bluebird Care (Peterborough & Rutland) & (East Northants) are thrilled to announce that throughout February 2015, we will be championing & running initiatives to support the Dignity in Care campaign.As you all know from the last team meeting, Bluebird Care (Peterborough & Rutland) & (East Northants) are thrilled to announce that throughout February 2015, we will be championing & running initiatives to support the Dignity in Care campaign.
The Dignity in Care Campaign aims to ensure people who use care services are treated as individuals and given choice, control and a sense of purpose in their daily lives.
At Bluebird Care, we all pride ourselves on our service and the values that we each endeavor to deliver every day, ensuring dignity, respect and ensuring that our customer’s preferences and choices are promoted at all times. I sincerely believe, that for you all out there, this is no challenge and something that happens naturally! It is still something that we should be proud of and not forget to keep our focus on for each and every one of our customers and colleagues alike.
We want to support this campaign to:
- Remind society that Dignity is everybody’s business
- Raise awareness of the importance of Dignity in Care
- Be part of a national celebration and
- Demonstrate solidarity for Dignity in Care
- Focusing on the 10 Dignity Do’s in their daily work – in the last team meeting this was discussed and looked at. Dignity is important to everybody – how have you been getting on with this challenge?
- Signing up as Dignity Champions – as we all work so hard at delivering dignity everyday, it would be great to have each of us registered as Dignity Champions! Have you done this yet? Bluebird Care are willing to pay for the cost of your badge that you are free to wear on your uniforms showing that you as an indiviual and us as a collective really champion diginity!
- Constructing a ‘Digni-Tree’ – you may have heard from some of your customers that they have been asked to help us to build our Digni-Tree by making their own ‘leaves’ to furnish our ‘Tree’ with thoughts of dignity – and we want your ‘leaves’ too! Pop into reception…..the tree is already looking great with some great thoughts from our customers.
- Holding a ‘Digni-Tea’ event – Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 11am to 3pm, again at our office on Wharf Road, Stamford.