Promoting Independence At Home
Staying fit and healthy is an important part of maintaining good mental and physical fitness at any age. If a customer has an interest and ability to participate in local physical activities, our care workers are able to support them and be involved. Or perhaps a customer may want support to do some simple exercises at home.
Benefits of Physical Activity
A healthy active lifestyle helps stimulate the brain and assists in staying independent. It can also be immensely enjoyable.
Physical activity helps to:
- Reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases
- Aid management of active problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity and high cholesterol
- Improve the ability to function and stay independent in cases where people have lung disease or arthritis
- Reduce symptoms of depression and pain
- Improve balance and prevents falls
We encourage and support our care customers to take part in simple, healthy activities, which may include something as basic as walking or dancing. Of course, participation in any activity will depend on the customer’s choice and abilities. Our care workers will discuss your preferences with you as part of your care and support plan.
For more information about our domiciliary care and support service, please contact our friendly team on or complete our contact us form and we will be in touch.