Bluebird Care has a telephone system that is capable of recording conversations.
Like many organisations, this is standard practice and allows the recording of telephone calls for quality monitoring, training, compliance and security purposes.
All telephone calls will be recorded and retained for a period of 12 months.
The call recording facility is automated and recordings will only be used for the purposes specified in this policy.
An itemised call log will be retained of all calls made and received on our telephone network. This will include details of the external caller’s number and the date, time and duration of the call.
We will try where possible to advise callers that calls are being monitored/recorded when dialing into our office's via a pre-recorded automated voice recording. We will also endavour to make our existing customer and staff members aware through website notices, and notifications infroming them that calls are recorded for quality and training putposes.
We shall ensure that the use of these recordings is fair and that we comply with the requirements of the relevant legislation. This includes:
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000;
- The Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications Regulations) 2000;
- The Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999;
- The Data Protection Act 1998; and
- The Human Rights Act 1998.
Whilst all inbound and outbound calls will be recorded, in normal circumstances a call will not be retrieved or monitored unless it is necessary to investigate a complaint, check compliance with regulatory procedures or improve standards in call handling via training and coaching.
- Personal data collected in the course of recording activities will be processed fairly and lawfully. In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 it will be:
- adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- used for the purpose(s) stated in this policy only and not used for any other purposes;
accessible only to senior manager's and may be shared with team member's whom the recording relates too for the purposes stated above. These recordings will be;
- stored securely; and
- not kept for longer than necessary and will be securely destroyed once the issue(s) in question have been resolved.
If you have any queries regarding the above policy, please contact our data protection officer Lucy McCormack.