Reasons to choose live in at-home care with confidence over residential care homes in Shropshire
Considering care for a loved one? We have put together some points to consider when choosing between live in at-home care and residential care homes in Shrewsbury and around Shropshire.
Reasons to choose live in at-home care with confidence over convalescent care homes and residential care homes in Shrewsbury and the surrounding Shropshire areas
Are you considering care for yourself or a loved one? Are you a family member and not sure which path to go down? It is one of the biggest decisions anyone can make in life as it’s so important when considering care for a loved one to choose the best option for the person who needs the care.
The team here at Bluebird Care Shropshire have put together some points to help you to consider when choosing between live in at-home care and residential care homes in Shrewsbury and surrounding areas throughout Shropshire. We hope that you will find these helpful and useful. Also, don’t forget we are always on hand to call should you wish to talk these options through in more detail and to answer any further questions.
Reasons to choose Bluebird Care Shropshire live in at-home care:
- Our care is one on one support
- Stay in the home you love, surrounded by all that matters to you including pets
- Care is personalised to suit you
- Your privacy and independence is maintained
- You can do different things on different days as you so choose
- You can maintain your lifestyle, dignity and uniqueness
- You’re far less likely to contract infections and viruses
- We are proud to possess an overall ‘Good’ with an ‘Outstanding’ Caring CQC rating
- You don’t have to sell your own home
- Your family and friends are able to visit at any time of the day
- Consistent care and build rapport with the carer
- Couples can stay together
- Familiar surroundings which can prevent the acceleration of conditions such as dementia
- Continue connections in the local community and hobbies sustained
In comparison, residential care homes, nursing care homes and convalescent care homes in Shropshire often mean for a person requiring care:
- One carer to every 30 residents on average
- You cannot take all your belongings with you, and definitely not your pets
- Once you have sold your home and moved into residential care, it’s very hard to change your mind if you don’t like it
- Very little tailored care as there are so many people to satisfy
- Timetables that suit the care team rather than you and this includes waiting to get washed and dressed
- Communal living and lack of privacy
- Your routines are decided for you
- You may have to sell the home you love
I am a very independent person, I chose live in at-home care to ensure that I have got all my bits and pieces around me. I like to have a potter at painting and being at home allows me to do that, it's great. I have a desire to even paint my garage door with flowers, an activity that I wouldn’t be able to fulfil if I was in a residential care home. I have a specific diet, so being at home ensures that I can control what I eat. I like the fact that I have the assistance on hand ‘when I need it' (which is not always) of a Care assistant to help me choose clothes to wear, help with my laundry and personal care as and when it suits me.
We hope that these pointers will assist in your decision making.
We totally understand that this is one of the most important decisions in life for both the person requiring care and for family members around them.
With such a personal requirement, you’ll want to engage with people you can trust, who are highly trained, who listen, understand and show compassion. Our team at Bluebird Care Shropshire delivers all of this and more.
For more information on our full live-care services please visit www.bluebirdcare.co.uk/services/33/live-in-care
To speak to our Specialist Live-in care co-ordinator Kirsty, please call
01743 874343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.