Take at look at our useful information pages for more information about home care.
Bluebird Care offers advice about how to prevent falls, steer clear of injuries and avoid paying for care as a result of falling.
Falling is not an inevitable consequence of aging. We can prevent falls from happening by finding out how to reduce the risks.
As we get older and more unsteady on our feet, the risk of falling becomes greater and the risk of serious injury more likely. In the UK, nearly a third of people over 65 years of age fall every year. This rises to half of people aged 80 years or over.
We cannot remove all of the risks, but we can certainly reduce them by:
- Understanding the risks
- Looking after our health - read our top tips on how to prevent falls
- Keeping our homes safe - use Bluebird Care’s ‘home safety checklist for preventing falls’ to help you and your family find and fix common hazards in your home
Seeking the right care and support if paying for care becomes a necessity.
Live in Care
When you need continuous care, you may not want the added stress of having to leave familiar surroundings. Bluebird Care gives you the option of high quality care without moving to a care home. Our live-in care service offers the reassurance of 24 hour care** and support in the comfort of your own home.
We never take a one-size-fits-all approach to care, our customers’ unique needs are considered every step of the way, meaning you stay in control of your care and support at all times. A member of our team will ask what is important about the way you live your life so we can provide the care you want, the way you want it.
Choosing Bluebird Care means:
- No need to move to a care home
- A personal service where your unique needs are considered every step of the way, available as and when you need it - day or night
- Fully trained, compassionate staff who respect your home and your privacy
- A flexible service, where every day can be different
- A wide range of care and support– personal care, housework, social activities – you choose
- A proper introduction to make sure we have found the right person for you
- Regular follow up from a Bluebird Care manager to check you are happy with our service
Live-in care - keeping your familiar friends, family and belongings around you. No upheaval. No stress. No trouble.
Reasons to choose Live-in home care with confidence over Residential home care
**Care will be provided by more than 1 care assistant over a 24hr period.
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.