Bluebird Care Hastings are urging the community to stay hydrated this summer
We are encouraging older people, their families, friends and neighbours across Hastings to think about staying hydrated this summer and how we can support vulnerable people in the community, who may be at risk.We are encouraging older people, their families, friends and neighbours across Hastings to think about staying hydrated this summer and how we can support vulnerable people in the community, who may be at risk.
As the weather starts to get warmer and the sun starts to come out, Bluebird Care Hastings are sending out the strong message that heat and sun exposure is extremely serious and potentially life threatening.
Bluebird Care Hastings have launched their Summer Hydration initiative. As part of this they will be sharing tips across social media and sharing links to national resources to help ensure everyone is prepared for the hotter weather.
With the frequent and sudden changes in British weather Bluebird Care Hastings want to issue a reminder for people to get prepared for the hotter weather.
Tips from the NHS include:
- Keep your home cool by closing your blinds and curtains
- Avoid extreme heat where possible
- Stay hydrated with water, avoiding alcohol, caffeine and sugary drinks
- Stay alert by keeping up to date with weather forecasts
- Check on relatives and neighbours who may be most at risk
- If you need to go outside plan ahead, have plenty of food and water as well as sun protection (sun cream, sun hat and sunglasses)
- Avoid outings in the middle of the day, 11-3pm is the hottest part of the day.