Bradford Safeguarding Week
Safeguarding Week is taking place Monday 17th to Friday 21st October 2016.This year we are celebrating our 5th year! It is a week providing many free training events open to professionals and students working with children, adults and families in the Bradford District. Some of these events are also open to the public.
The supplementary brochure is now online, please use this link to access it: http://www.bradford-scb.org.uk/training/pdfs/Safeguarding%20Week%202016/Safeguarding%20Week%20Supplementary%20brochure%202016.pdf
As you will see there are plenty more free learning opportunities for you to get your teeth into!
In addition, below is a list of the events from the original programme that went out in July which still have places available.
Details of these and how to book can be found here.
Monday 17th October
Tuesday 18th October
- “The relationship between poverty and child protection is much misunderstood” ‘Lunchtime Lecture’ by Prof Brid Featherstone
Wednesday 19th October
- Better Start Bradford Learning Together Event: A Focus on Perinatal Mental Health
- Child Sexual Exploitation and the Forgotten Boys
- Keeping Children Safe in Education – Statutory Legislation and Guidance Updates for 2016
- Protecting Older and Vulnerable People from Scams, Frauds and Doorstep Crime
- The impact of cyber space on safeguarding and keeping our children safe online (Twilight session – open to public)
- The Internet: protecting yourself and the families you work with
- NightWatch – Empowering the Night Time Economy to recognise and respond to Child Sexual Exploitation – An Introduction to the Districts multi-agency CSE Hub. Please note this event is featured in the new supplementary brochure: To book please use this link
Thursday 20th October
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) training sessions
- The Safeguarding Journey for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Working With Children in Public Care - An Experiential Perspective
- Looking through the keyhole at Bradford Adult Protection Unit (AM & PM sessions)
Friday 21st October
- Domestic Violence Conference
- Young People’s Safeguarding Stories & quiz sessions delivered by Centrepoint
- Making Safeguarding Personal (now opened to multi-agency staff)