Live-in care in additional information
Our Home Care service is perfect for helping people live independently at home, however, there may come a time when a number of short visits each day is not enough to keep you or a loved one at home.
For those who need more reassurance, or perhaps more support throughout the day, and for whom life at home will always be preferred to residential care, our “locally-supervised” live in care service may be the answer.
Bluebird Care's Live in Care at home
- Your own live in care assistant – who lives with you in your home in a second bedroom; customers are able to prolong the benefits and comfort of life at home, including invaluable local social support networks. All our live in care assistants are carefully selected, thoroughly vetted and trained to our high standards
- Person-centred Care tailored to you – what you want, when you want it (see our Care In Your Own Home page); but we aim to do more then simply meet basic care needs; we make every effort to take into account your interests and abilities in order to enrich your life as much as possible.
- Regular local Supervision – our Live in Care team, based in the Newbury offices, oversee all placements and pay regular visits to ensure the service is being provided as agreed and to a high standard. This ensures that any potential issues are identified early so that preventative action can be taken before problems arise. There is also the additional benefit that the local home care team is on hand as back up if ever needed (sickness, family emergencies, etc)
- Electronic Care Plan Management – instant updates and amendments to care plans, real-time reporting of care notes to the office and the ability to share everything securely with family members and advocates via mobile devices
Our Bluebird Care live in care service provides continuity of staff. People who know and understand your lifestyle and will support you with your specific routine and care needs; a dedicated person who enables you to live the life you want to.
Sammie Carr, Live in Supervisor at Bluebird Care comments, “I have strong feelings about just how live in care should be delivered. I believe that all the people we provide care for are, first and foremost, customers and should be treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. I work closely with customers and their families to ensure they receive the very highest quality live in care service”.
When organising your live in care service, Bluebird Care will talk you through all the options so that you understand what lifestyle package fits best. We'll then go on to talk to you and your family to find out exactly what you require so we can provide a live in care assistant that best matches your needs.
Bluebird Care cares for its amazing team of care assistants, so that they in turn, take good care of you. - All our care assistants are directly employed. Bluebird Care takes care of all the necessary employment checks with the police and criminal records authorities as well as taking previous employer references. We also deal with all the administrative, financial and legal responsibilities and provide ongoing accredited training and supervision to ensure that the highest quality of care is maintained, always.
Our local office team are on hand every day of the year to oversee any issues as part of our fully managed care service including regular reviews at your home. We support both our customer and their family in person and as your needs change, we are on hand to respond. We understand it is the little things on a day to day basis that mean the most.
The first step is to contact our Newbury office and talk to one of our friendly team. You can then arrange a visit in your own home which is an ideal opportunity to ask all your questions face-to-face. When you're ready, contact us by phone on 01635 36953 or complete our Online Contact form and our team will be able to assist you.
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.