Kevin McCormack Thanks Staff of the Bluebird Care Teams
Kevin McCormack Director of Bluebird Care, praises and thanks care staff in these difficult times for our local community.
To all members of our Bluebird Care teams.
I wanted to take the opportunity to write you all a short message of gratitude for your ongoing hard work and commitment during this difficult period. This is a new situation for all of us and we know that the many vulnerable people that we care for are very dependant on us turning up and caring for them. Although we are used to outstanding care and performance by the vast majority of our carers the response in this period has been totally professional with some members of staff offering to do more hours, cutting short planned holiday and travelling more than usual we really recognise your caring ethic.
Please do follow all the advice in protecting yourself and the people we care for including.
• Additional gloves and aprons – being told to put gloves on BEFORE entering into any property with the immediate changing once inside so they too eel reassured with touching door handles etc
• Antibacterial hand sanitiser
• Encouraged to increase hand washing more than usual
• Additional hand soap if the customers run out or have not supplied this yourselves.
• The suggestion of carrying your own hand towels.
• Pack of tissues to be kept on you if possible.
• The updated version of our infection control policy
• Duty of Care to inform us if you, or any of your family members display any named symptom with a view to self-isolate for 7 days unless continued to get worse – since amended to 14 days Once again
Thank You for your outstanding dedication and commitment to looking after our customers, I know for a fact each and every one of them respects and is grateful for your help as of course we are. On behalf of the Directors and the management team of Bluebird Care in Redbridge and Essex