Care In Your Home
Bluebird Care Lancaster & South Lakeland provides high quality homecare and support to keep you safe and comfortable in your own home.
Our services support you to maintain your chosen lifestyle. We believe that each customer is unique, with their own individual preferences and needs. So, we keep you in control and provide you with the homecare and support that you want, where and when you want it. It’s your life and your care, so it must be your way.
The services we offer
We offer flexible care services for you to choose from. These could be anything from a 30 minute visit to live-in care. Some customers may want short term help, following an illness or because their usual carer is having a break. Other customers may want long term homecare and support.
Our dedicated team of fully trained home care workers can provide you with the care and support that will be unique to you. Depending on your own age and health circumstances, this might be to:
- Assist with a ‘good morning’ start to the day, helping you to get up, wash, shower or bathe, get dressed and have breakfast
- Remind or assist you to take your medicines and collect or return medication from your pharmacy or dispensing GP surgery
- Complementing the health and care services you receive from others involved in supporting you, especially therapeutic services
- Prepare meals with or for you and assist you at mealtimes
- Companionship and conversation
- Shop with you or help you to make a shopping list, go to the shops, come back and put it all away
- Support you in getting to appointments, collecting pensions etc or even to go on holiday
- Help with your laundry or ironing and keeping your home clean and tidy
- Support you with social, sport or leisure activities, such as going out for a walk, attending a day centre, visiting friends or family, going to a club or college or place of worship etc. .
- Give a little pampering when you need it – the occasional visit to organise bathing, clean clothes, fresh bedding and a thoughtfully prepared meal before bedtime
- At the end of each day, some help with getting ready for bed
- act as a respite care option to give family members some time to themselves
- work with you to support your independent living skills or family daily living activities
Who we provide services for:
We provide care and support to people:
- over 65 years of age, as well those aged between 18-65
- with physical disabilities, sensory loss or impairment
- with dementia
- with learning disabilities or an autistic spectrum disorder
- with mental ill-health
Where we provide services:
The areas we cover match the local authority boundaries of Lancaster & District Council and South Lakeland Council.
This includes: Lancaster, Morecambe, Bare, Torrisholme, Heysham, Scotforth, Forton, Glasson, Cockerham, Quernmore, Galgate, Hest Bank, Slyne, Bolton-le-Sands, Silverdale, Arnside, Yealand, Milnthorpe, Dallam, Carnforth, Halton, Caton, Hornby, Kirkby Lonsdale and the Lune Valley, Kendal, Sedburgh, Levens, Grange-over-Sands, Newby Bridge, Ulverston, Cartmel, Windermere and Bowness, Coniston.
Please contact us to discuss how we can create a bespoke homecare service to meet your needs. Or call into our offices at Riverway House for an informal chat. We have a stunning view of the river Lune and Lancaster, and we welcome visitors!