Getting Ghoulish For Halloween
We make a big effort to do something for Halloween here at Bluebird Care Gravesham & Dartford and our office team always like to dress in some of their scariest outfits for the day!The last day of October marks All Hallows Eve, also known as Halloween. It’s an occasion that has its roots in the ancient harvest festivals of the Celts, with some Christian traditions picked up along the way.
We make a big effort to do something for Halloween here at Bluebird Care Gravesham & Dartford and our office team always like to dress in some of their scariest outfits for the day!
We would like to commend the team for the effort that they have put into their outfits, which have really brightened up the day for those who visit the office.
There are a lot of fascinating facts about Halloween, a few of which include:
- Apparently, Halloween originated in Ireland
- In Ireland, people use this occasion to play fortune-telling games and predict their true love.
- Trick-or-treating was a Celtic tradition. They place treats and food outside their houses to call upon the spirits
- According to an old folk tradition, if you want to see a witch on Halloween, wear your clothes inside out and walk backward. You'll see one come at midnight
- The most famous magician in history, Houdini, died on All Hallows Eve 1926 from appendicitis due to three stomach punches
Care Manager Denise commented:
We have an excellent team spirit here at Bluebird Care Gravesham & Dartford and certainly encouraged each other to dress as expressively as possible.