Bluebird Care Gateshead supports Dementia Awareness Week 2015
On Friday 22nd May, our care manager, Angelea Hutchison, hosted a Dementia Friends Session for members of our local community at our office.Bluebird Care Gateshead were proud to support Dementia Awareness Week, helping to raise awareness of living with dementia and helping to create more dementia-friendly communities.
Care Manager, Angelea Hutchison, is a Dementia Friend Champion and led a free information session at our office on Friday 22nd May for members of our local community.
Participants found out the five key things people should know about dementia:
- it’s not a natural part of ageing;
- it’s caused by diseases of the brain;
- it’s not just about losing your memory – it can affect thinking, communicating and doing everyday tasks;
- it’s possible to live well with dementia;
- there’s more to a person than the dementia
All of our attendees from the Gateshead community signed up to become dementia friends and wear their Dementia Friends badge with pride.