Bluebird Care Edinburgh receive their latest Care Inspectorate report
We are delighted to announce that we have received our latest Care Inspectorate report following their recent inspection in October 2015.We are delighted to announce that we have received our latest Care Inspectorate report following their recent inspection in October 2015.
The Care Inspectorate are the regulator of health and social care services in Scotland who monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they are meeting fundamental standards of quality and safety.
Our recent inspection was carried out over two days on the 27th and 28th October 2015 and we are happy to say that we received a Grade’s of 5 ‘Very Good’ for Quality of care and support, Staffing and Management & Leadership.
In summary, the Inspectors made the following comments about Bluebird Care Edinburgh;
- “We met a motivated and well supported group of staff providing care in a way which encouraged choice and participation.”
- “We found good systems in place to support care including well written personal plans which gave clear guidance to staff on the needs and preferences of the people who used the service.”
- “We found examples of the service being flexible to met the needs of its customers.“
- “We received a range of strong testimony from people who used the service and their carers expressing their confidence and satisfaction in the care provided.”
- “We found a range of methods in place to monitor the quality of the care being provided.”
- “The service continues to be innovative and forward thinking. An example of this was the introduction of the PASS call monitoring and information technology system. The service was also looking at how dependency levels are identified in care at home services.”
- "Thank you Bluebird for all the wonderful care and attention you gave to our relative over the years."
- "We have been completely happy with service provided unlike other companies we tried previously."
- "The girls are marvellous, I take my hat off to them, I have no complaints."
View our full Care Inspectorate report