Your Furry Companion During Lockdown
As experts in caring for the elderly and vulnerable, Bluebird Care can be relied upon to offer the best practical advice during the current Covid-19 virus when it comes to how you can help support your loved ones.
Many of us have now been working from home for several months and we’re beginning to understand the knock-on effects from being so isolated. We’re so used to being able to travel to see our family or friends but all of that came to a halt. We’re faced with either speaking to the walls or being cooped up with our loved ones.
You may have felt lonely and isolated during this difficult time, but what we need to remember is that this is only for the short-term, what about our elderly loved ones who spend most of their days alone.
Don’t underestimate the power of our furry friends. Our Regional Marketing Manager in the North thinks her dog Nala is the only thing keeping her sanity right now. So how can your furry friends help with your mental health not only in lockdown but in general?
- They provide you with a good routine to help structure your day. Even if you’re working from home it can be difficult to structure your day and get motivated, but your pet will give you a reason to get up. If you have a dog you need to walk, feed and play with them at regular intervals throughout the day.
- They provide companionship. Everybody talks to their pets, right? You might even go as far as speaking the responses for your pets too? If you’re in the house alone, things can get a little lonely. Your pet gives you somebody to talk to and at least this way they can say all the right things back to you!
- They’re super calming. Simply looking or stroking your pet can bring a sense of calm instantly. They must have magical powers because our pets have a very calming presence, especially dogs who are often used as a form of therapy for many.
- They give you a reason to exercise. They give you a reason to get up and about as they may need exercising. You might take them for a walk, do yoga with them or even simply find yourself chasing them around the house or garden.
- They’re a conversation starter. As we’re not doing much these days due to lockdown restrictions it can become quick to run out of things to say to those around you. Our pets are still going about their day as normal and can be a great talking point when catching up with family and friends. Especially, if they’ve been up to some mischief.
Follow us on Facebook and share pictures of your furry friends.
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.