Live-in Care Your Way
Naturally, most people resist moving away from familiar surroundings and want to carry on living in the place that they know and love for as long as they can. Home is the place where we belong: with memories of happy family occasions, much loved possessions and comfort in the familiarity of our day to day routines.
For many people, as they grow older, a little support with day to day tasks is enough help to keep them safe and comfortable at home. For others who need more support, live-in care provides the independence and flexibility of living in familiar surroundings with the security and comfort provided by having a trained professional on hand at all times. This makes live-in care the preferred option to moving to a nursing home or sheltered accommodation.
We can provide long term live-in carers who are experienced and trained to provide ‘round the clock’ support to either a single person or a couple: making sure that your household and your life continues to run the way that you want it. The carer is supported by a dedicated team who makes sure that you’re receiving the quality of support that you require and is available at short notice to provide back up for any issues that may arise.
Sometimes you’re cared for at home by a family member. We’re happy to provide short term support for when they need a break or they’re not feeling so good themselves.
Whether we provide a carer for a short break or long term we believe in ‘going that extra mile’ to make sure every day is a good day for you. Our live-in carers will support you by:
- Being your companion
- Doing the housework and cooking
- Managing food shopping and making sure you have interesting, nutritious things to eat
- Providing assistance with personal care
- Managing and assisting with medication
- Managing your diary to arrange medical and social appointments
- Accompanying you on your appointments, where necessary
- Assisting with hobbies and interests
- Looking out for interesting things to do and try; if you want to
- Arranging for maintenance of your home and garden where it’s needed.
- Working with your healthcare support team to make sure that any conditions that you have are monitored and maintained.
- If you’re nearing the end of life, working with the health care teams to make sure that you’re as comfortable as possible for as long as possible.
We always remember that it’s your home and your life and we’re here to make things as easy as possible for you.
Call us on 020 8677 6665 to talk with one of our team – we’re here to help!
How to find the right care assistant for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care assistant chosen & care starts
You’ll be cared for by one of our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.