Role of Care Worker
We seek individuals with a caring and compassionate nature to work both full-time and part-time for Bluebird Care, the nation’s leading provider of homecare. If you would like a fulfilling and rewarding job and join our fantastic team please watch the videos below and read the details provided for more information about the role and what qualities a person requires to be a good carer.
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED AS FULL TRAINING IS PROVIDED.
PLEASE NOTE: For this role you need to have a full driving licence and WILL either need to use your own car (for which mileage is paid) or a car supplied by the Company.
If you are interested please visit our vacancies page for details of our current jobs and on how to apply:
Recruitment - Care Workers Recruitment - Live In Care Workers
The work available is flexible and you can work:
- Part time
- Full Time
- Evenings Only
- Weekends Only
Our shifts are from either:
Pay and key benefits:
- 7am to 2pm
- 4pm to 10pm
- 7 days a week
- £8.00 per hour Monday to Sunday
- £10.00 per hour on Bank Holidays
- 20p per mile for travel.
- Free work mobile phone – for electronic rotas, ringing customers and the office.
- Full Induction including training for the Care Certificate.
- Training for NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care
- Career progression and continuous training
- Genuine care for others
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand what the role entails
- Ability to follow instructions
- Experience in care provision
- Own transport
- Flexible availability
- To be able to attend all customer calls
- To understand the importance of such calls
- To be able to cope with emergency and difficult situations
- To be able to communicate with other people
- To be able to maintain high standards of care provision
The role may involve some or all of the following. This is not intended as a complete list and is supplied for information only
- Assist customers to get up, dressing and preparing them for their day
- Washing, bathing, showering, oral care, grooming.
- Toileting, assisting with use of commode, emptying commode.
- Continence management
- Using manual handling equipment as specified.
- Working with other care professionals such as District Nurses, GPs and others.
- Assisting with prescribed medication
- Assist customers to go to bed, including undressing and washing
- Preparation of meals and assistance with feeding
- General household duties
- Bed making and laundry
- Shopping and supplies management
- To keep accurate records of care visits.
If you are interested please visit the vacancies page for details of our current jobs and on how to apply