End of life care in Bedford
At Bluebird Care Bedford we work in partnership with NHS Bedfordshire’s Clinical Commissioning Group and their Continuing Health Care team to provide End of Life care.
We understand that many people would prefer their life to end at home, in familiar surroundings, with their loved ones present. This can, however, be a stressful and confusing time for everyone involved: emotions are high and day to day living becomes a challenge. We are here to assist the person and their family and loved ones through this time by providing experienced, well trained, calm and sympathetic care and support where and when it’s needed.
- We work closely with community palliative care teams, specialists from the multidisciplinary teams, local hospices and the family and friends of the person to ensure that the service we deliver is specifically tailored to ensure the comfort and well-being of our customers.
- We work with the family and the person to ensure that the care delivered is not intrusive. We’re always aware of the need for calm; the dignity of the customer and their right to have their wishes acted upon is paramount to us.
- Where the customer requires and their condition permits, we’re more than happy to support activities that relieve their situation and make the days more enjoyable.
- We work closely with NHS Continuing Health Care team to provide complex end of life care for many people across the Bedford area. In addition to significantly increasing the knowledge skills and experience of our team this has allowed us to build close links with the healthcare professionals and end of life support services.
- Our care workers receive specialist end of life training from St. John’s Hospice. This is refreshed on a regular basis.
To discuss your requirements further or to book an appointment with a member of our management team, please call 01234 211 481.
How to find the right care for you or your relative
1. Find your local office
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care team chosen & care starts
You'll be cared for by our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.