01823 331194Bluebird Care Taunton
50-52 High Street
- 01823 331194
- 01823 351 374
- Home Care Service Area:
Bluebird Care (Taunton) is a leading home care and live in care provider.
Home Care Service Area
Taunton and surrounding area
What We Do
We are part of the Bluebird Care network which has almost 180 offices across the UK and Ireland. We will provide a full range of care services from shopping and companionship to full personal care including Live-In care throughout Taunton Deane and Mid Devon.
We provide high quality professional care with a friendly, personal service to all of our customers. At the same time building a good relationship with friends, relatives, care managers as well as support agencies.
Our Carers are all trained to the highest standards and take pride in the care that they deliver giving you the confidence to remain in your own home.
A flexible service - the care you need in the home you love.
When any of us are faced with a situation that any additional care is required, for either yourself, a loved one or a friend – it is often thought that the stark choice is either to live self-sufficiently (without help) in our own surroundings or ‘go into a home’.
Here at Bluebird Care (Taunton) we offer a realistic alternative to allow people to stay at home, which means they are in familiar surroundings with friends and relatives around them. No upheaval, no stress and no trouble associated with having to move into a care home. Our care workers can provide support and assistance which enable you to continue with simple pleasures such as a walk, going to the shops, or just spending time in the garden, but most importantly allowing you to live in the home you love.
Care visits are tailored to your requirements and can be from 15 minutes upwards. There is no upper limit but, in reality, most of our care visits are something between 30 minutes and one hour long. We offer total flexibility and your care plan can be altered to you’re your needs at any time. Some of the services we offer are:
- Assistance with ’starting the day’ i.e. helping to get up, wash / shower / bath, get dressed and have breakfast.
- We can go shopping, either taking our customer out with us or, alternatively, we can come in, agree a shopping list, go to the shops, come back and put it all away!
- We can prepare food and drink.
- We can make sure we prompt medication when it is due.
- We can do domestic tasks like cleaning, laundry ironing either on a regular basis or as a ’spring clean’ (even if it is in the autumn!).
- We can provide a respite service. Where a member of the family is principal carer there may be need for relief to allow that person time for themselves, maybe a couple of times a week.
- Some people like to have a pampering session once or twice a week. A nice bath and then clean clothes, a changed bed and a nice meal before bedtime.
- At the end of each day, some help with getting ready for bed.
- We provide care services through the night for those people who need them. This can either be on a ’sleeper night’ basis, where the care worker expects a reasonable night’s sleep but is on hand for emergencies, or a ‘waking night’ where the care worker is on duty throughout the night.
This is only a selection of the things we can do. If you don’t see something you would like, please ask.
High quality staff
The people who work for Bluebird Care are the lifeblood of our service. Every person is individually interviewed by a senior member of the team. Every care worker is;
- Personally interviewed.
- References (including previous employers) are checked.
- We carry out a check with the Criminal Records Bureau.
- We check with the list for the Protection of Vulnerable Adults.
- Everyone attends comprehensive Induction, Orientation and Manual Handling training courses.
- All staff have either achieved or are working towards NVQ Care qualifications.
Everyone has regular review and supervision meetings to maintain quality of service.
We now have a satellite office in Cullompton. The full address and phone number for this office is:
42 High Street,
Tel: 01884 33599
July 2013 - Community Engagement Event
This month we held a Community Engagement Event, in conjunction with Age UK Somerset and it was a huge success.
The event was held at St James' Church in Taunton and we were inviting people to come down to find out how to stay safe, secure, healthy and independent in their own homes.
During the event, we had talks from organisations such as Avon Fire and Rescue, Avon and Somerset Police, Somerset County Council and Contact the Elderly. They were joined by Dianne Ramsay from Age UK and our very own Director, Mark Oswald.
There were also food stalls providing a variety of food as well as free tea, coffee and cakes. Thank you so much to everyone that came down. We hope that you found it very helpful.
February 2013 - College students find out about quality care at new Work Academy
Students taking part in the new Work Academy initiative at Somerset College heard first hand last week more about the care industry – thanks to a Taunton based provider.
A partnership has been formed between the college and Bluebird Care, which provides personal care and support to people living in their own homes.
Mark Oswald, Director of Bluebird Care (Taunton), has developed a good relationship with The Work Academy at Somerset College and has recently been involved in a number of employability based activities aimed at developing students’ employer readiness. The activities included a presentation on ‘care in the home’ to students working towards the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care, as well as undertaking mock interviews with students and other clients of The Work Academy to develop their confidence and skill set when applying for jobs.
The Work Academy has primarily been established to assist young people to gain employment, either during their time at the College or when they leave the learning environment. However, the academy goes further than that and branches into the wider community working with the unemployed and developing relationships with young people who are not currently in education, training or employment.
Somerset College is a premier provider of further and higher education courses within the County and has a strong focus on vocational courses and developing students’ employability skills. As part of this focus The Work Academy has been developed by Somerset College.
For more information about The Work Academy visit www.somerset.ac.uk or call 01823 366 366
Matt Smith, Senior Marketing Officer, Somerset College: 01823 366 503, firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo: Mark Oswald, Director of Bluebird Care (Taunton) at The Work Academy talking to students about care in the home.