0121 233 9619Bluebird Care Birmingham West
20 Kenyon Forge
- 0121 233 9619
- 0121 233 0182
- Home Care Service Area:
- Birmingham West
Bluebird Care (Birmingham West) is a leading home care and live in care agency.
Home Care Service Area
We cover all areas in or near Edgbaston, Quinton, Harborne, Bartley Green, Selly Oak, Weoley, Bournvilla, Brandwood, Sparkbrook, Moseley, Kings Heath, Kings Norton, Billesley, Northfield, Longbridge, Ladywood and Soho to give care to people in their own homes. We provide the highest quality care to a broad range of vulnerable people.
What we do
Bluebird Care (Birmingham West) opened its office in the exciting new year of 2013. We are part of the successful Bluebird Care network which has over 160 offices in the UK and Ireland and will be providing a full range of care services.
Domiciliary Care, sometimes known as Home Care or Home Help, covers a number of different services available to customers in their own homes and is provided with the aim of ensuring the customer remains as independent as possible. The customer may need help for a short time until they are in a better position to help themselves, or sometimes care is given on a more permanent basis.
We provide care as it is our passion.
We aim to provide high quality professional care with a friendly, personal service to all the people we care for. At the same time building a good relationship with friends, relatives care managers as well as support agencies.
From a couple of hours a week, to 24 hours a day, our services are designed for people who need help to live independently .Our Caregivers are all trained to the highest standards and take pride in the care that they deliver giving you the confidence to remain in your own home. They deliver services which include companionship, light housekeeping, meal preparation, medication reminders, personal care, local transportation and help with errands.
Depending on customer’s circumstances and needs, we help them with personal care and managing at home, arranging services such as getting up, dressing and other personal or practical support. We also provide care for other groups of people; physically disabled adults (18-65 years old) being the biggest group. Again there is a very strongly held view that putting people into any form of institution simply because their bodies are not as robust as they, perhaps, might be expected to be is ineffective and unwise.
The full range of services will include:
- Visit neighbours, friends and family
- Offer companionship and conversation
- Arrange appointments
- Help with travel arrangements
- Accompanying clients on outings and hospital visits
- Assist with entertaining
- Help with reading and buy papers, books and magazines.
- Plan visits, outings and trips
- Attend club meetings and sporting events
Personal Care Services
- Washing/bathing and dressing
- Skin care
- Continence Management
- Assist with eating
- Provide respite care
- Dementia care
- Alzheimer's care
- Provide convalescence care
- Medication reminders/prompting
- Assist with morning/wake up
- Assist with evening/tuck in
At Home Services
- Collect prescriptions
- Provide light housekeeping
- Answer the door
- Organise wardrobes and cupboards
- Take out rubbish
- Check food expiry dates
- Oversee home deliveries
- Care for houseplants
- Assist with pets
- Drop off and collect dry cleaning
- Light household cleaning, laundry, ironing and preparing meals
- Shopping, collecting pensions
Live-In Care Services
High quality staff
The people who work for Bluebird Care are the lifeblood of our service. Every person is individually interviewed by a senior member of the team. Every Care Worker is;
- Personally interviewed.
- References (including previous employers) are checked
- We carry out enhanced check with the Criminal Records Bureau
- We check with the list for the Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Everyone attends comprehensive Induction, Orientation and Manual Handling training courses
- All staff have either achieved or are working towards Care qualifications
- Everyone has regular review and supervision meetings to maintain quality of service
We are proud to announce that Bluebird Care (Birmingham West) is now on the Birmingham City Council framework following a successful compliance visit by the council. Birmingham City Council said:
Miles ahead of other companies inspected.
A breath of fresh air.
We are very impressed with what we have seen."