Live life your way
Healthy Mind, Healthy Body: Promoting Social Engagement, Mental Stimulation and Fun
Familiar with the phrase “a healthy mind makes for a healthy body?” Well, we are too. If fact, we think that applying this belief to the way we deliver Care puts clear water between us and other care agencies. Bluebird Care Bromley’s Homecare and Live in Care experience is designed to go above and beyond meeting your basic physical needs and keeping you safe; we want to provide a service that enriches your life. This may involve friends and family, or may just be one-on-one with your carer, but whatever shape it takes, our aim is to help you live life to the fullest extent of your abilities.
As we age, there is a tendency to lead increasingly sedentary lifestyles. Sadly, many people spend their days alone with only the television for company. We believe that a healthy lifestyle is an active lifestyle, and though this may not be possible – or even desirable – for everyone, we always try to think “outside the box” when it comes to the care plans that we write. Rather than “how can we best meet an individual’s needs?” we ask ourselves “what can we do to improve their quality of life?”
To this end, we endeavour to understand what make you “you”, so that we may create your Care plan with this in mind. To the extent you are willing to share, we want to know all about your interests and hobbies and the experiences that make your life worthwhile.
If there are activities that you enjoy, or perhaps used to enjoy but have recently felt unable to, we will explore with you, where appropriate, the extent to which it is possible to incorporate such activities into your weekly care plan. We’ve even helped an elderly gentleman pick up his golf clubs for the first time in 10 years!
Other activities that we’ve managed to build into customers plans include:
- trips to parks and gardens, museums, galleries, films, concerts, the theatre, the pub, the football, and other sports events
- retail therapy – online, via catalogues and on the high street
- getting ready for and attending dance classes and rehearsals
- attending swimming sessions, dancing lessons, chair exercise and yoga
- going to craft fairs, food fairs and car boot sales
- a chaperone service to visit relatives in other parts of the UK and even overseas
- support at family weddings, birthday parties and other social events
- help using a computer – including the internet, email and skype – to stay in contact with family members
- visits to and by: hairdressers, nail technicians, opticians, chiropodists
- simply sitting at home, looking through old photographs and talking about the memories they evoke.
For customers for whom physical activity is a challenge, there is often plenty of scope for mental stimulation, for instance crosswords, Sudoku, Scrabble, brain teasers and other puzzles and games, or perhaps just intelligent conversation. Choosing to do some brain activities several times a week can keep our minds sharp and able to function at a higher level. Sometimes we just need a bit of encouragement or someone to engage with us in order to try new activities or to revisit old ones. It’s never too late!
We believe that all of this can help our customers feel more alert, more engaged with the world and generally happier with life. With your help, we can create a care and support plan that makes room for the softer, more considered activities in addition to the basic daily tasks. Our mission is to help you Live Life Your Way
We are always open to new ways in which we can support our customers. If you have any questions or suggestions, please give us a call on 01732-471-541 anytime Mon – Fri from 8.30am – 5.00pm.
We offer a high quality, private Homecare and Live in Care service throughout
the District of Sevenoaks in Kent, including: Edenbridge, Eynsford, Farningham, Leigh, Kemsing, Otford, Penshurst, Riverhead, Seal, Sevenoaks, Weald, West Kingsdown & Westerham