Your care plan will be tailor-made for you. We will listen to you and find out your needs whilst always respecting your wishes throughout.
We believe in good old fashioned service. That is why Bluebird Care visits their customers regularly to make sure that they are happy with the service and with their Care Worker. By doing this, we can ensure we are continually delivering the right service. Lisa Tarsey, Director, Bluebird Care
Home Care services
Our Home Care services include short care visits through to live in care
The type of care we offer
We can arrange care for customers who may need help and support, such as:
- Older people who need some help with getting up in the morning, or going to bed.
- Couples who would like some assistance for their partner such as keeping on top of household chores.
- People who are physically disabled and who need assistance with the things that their disability prevents them from doing entirely by themselves.
- People who have fairly constant care needs but do not wish to go into residential care frequently choose our Live-in Care Service.
- Sometimes when someone has been discharged from hospital after illness or an operation, they will contact us for short term help until they are feeling fit enough to regain their old lifestyle.
- We provide respite care - a service for people who rely on a relative or friend for most of their care but would like to give that person a break from time to time.
- Many people prefer some time out from home and would like someone to take them out for a couple of hours or for a day's shopping.
- Sometimes a weekly pampering session appeals to both young and old alike - with the chance to destress and increase well being.
- Many Bluebird Care offices are now able to offer care to children and their families either on an on-going basis or simply for respite care from time to time.
High quality staff
The people who work for Bluebird Care are the lifeblood of our service, and we recruit only those who can deliver our quality service.
- Each member of our care team is personally interviewed.
- We request references.
- We carry out checks with the Criminal Records Bureau.
- We check candidates have not been referred to the list for the Protection of Vulnerable Adults.
Click here to find your local office and give them a call. One of the Bluebird Care team will be able to discuss your individual requirements in more detail.
- Our care team attend comprehensive and ongoing training, such as induction, manual handling and administering medication.
- All staff have either achieved or are working towards NVQ Care qualifications.
Assessment and management
- Each team member has regular review and supervision meetings to maintain quality of service.
We are registered with the Care Quality Commission, which regulates, inspects and reviews all adult social care services in the public, private and voluntary sectors in England. We are also full members of the United Kingdom Home Care Association (UKHCA) the national professional association for organisations who provide social care to people in their own homes. Both of these bodies have standards which set out how we should operate. We also carry Public Liability insurance (£10million) with PrimeCare insurance - an independent insurance broker offering risk management and insurance covers specifically for domiciliary care agencies in the UK.