A flexible service
We offer a realistic alternative
to allow people to stay at home, with familiar friends, relatives and possessions around them. No upheaval. No stress.
After meeting the Bluebird Care team I found them a great team with care, compassion and understanding. My mother is 90 years old and it’s nice to once more see a smile on her face, this is all down to Bluebird Care.
Care in your home
What does care at home mean? We believe that the answer lies with our customers – who all have individual needs to support their independence and lifestyle.
Bluebird Care understand that customers prefer to live in the comfort of their own home, but may need some help to do this. We listen to these needs then provide a care service in the home – it’s that simple.
We provide a range of services, such as:
- Assistance with a ‘good morning’ start to the day, with help to get up, wash, shower or bath, get dressed and have breakfast.
- Shopping support - alongside our customer or alternatively we can come in, agree a shopping list, go to the shops, come back and put it all away.
- Preparation of food and drink.
- Ensuring a timely prompt for medication when due.
- Undertaking domestic tasks such as cleaning, laundry and ironing either on a regular basis or as a ‘spring clean’, whatever the season.
- Provision of a respite service. If you are performing the role of principal carer, then you may need support during your time off each week.
- Pampering sessions – the occasional visit to organise bathing, clean clothes, fresh bedding and a thoughtfully prepared meal before bedtime.
- At the end of each day, some help with getting ready for bed.
Once you have considered the sort of care you need, find your local office and give them a call. A member of the Bluebird Care team will be able to discuss your individual requirements in more detail.
- Provision of care services through the night for those people who need them. This can either be on a ‘sleeper night’ basis, where the care worker expects a reasonable night's sleep but is on hand for emergencies, or a ‘waking night’ where the care worker is on duty throughout the night.
- Live in care – providing a care worker to live with you in your home. Similarly, we often provide live-in care when a customer needs temporary support through a period of convalescence or recuperation when returning from hospital.
This is only a selection of the things we can help you with. If you require other services to suit your needs, please get in touch with us.