01708 372 842Bluebird Care Havering
135 Church Road
- 01708 372 842
- Home Care Service Area:
Bluebird Care (Havering) provides Care at Home and Live-in Care to residents of the London Borough of Havering
Home Care Service Area
A flexible service - the care you need in the home you love!
Bluebird Care (Havering) is part of the successful Bluebird Care network, a national provider with over 181 offices in the UK and Ireland. We provide a full range of care services from shopping and companionship to full personal care including live-in care 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
As part of a rapidly growing franchise network, the care we offer at Bluebird Care (Havering) is second-to-none and we are proud to cultivate a supportive and responsive team with high personal standards and passion for exceptional service.
Our mission statement:
- To deliver the best quality service... by far!
- To be person centered... always!
- To promote a care culture that inspires... genuinely!
Bluebird Care (Havering) covers all of the London Borough of Havering which includes
Romford, Emerson Park, Collier Wood, Harold Hill, Heaton Estate, Harold Wood, Gidea Park, Rush Green, Hornchurch, Cranham, Elm Park, Upminster, Rainham and surrounding areas.
What we do
At Bluebird Care (Havering) we understand that home is a safe haven and for many a window to the past and so our range of services provide tailored and flexible personal assistance that allow customers to pursue their chosen lifestyle regardless of age or disability in the home they love.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Help with getting up or going to bed
- Preparation of meals
- Personal care and hygiene
- Assisting with medication prompting
- Domestic Tasks such as; cleaning, laundry and ironing either on a regular basis or as a ‘spring clean’ (even if it is in the Autumn)
- Trips out to see friends and relatives
- Shopping and sightseeing
- Accompanying to appointments and social activities
- Overnight care
- Live-in Care for individuals with constant care needs who do not wish to go into a residential home
- Care for those with Learning Disabilities
- Care for those with Parkinson’s
- Care for those with Dementia
- Short- term care can be provided for individuals who have been discharged from hospital and require care whilst they recuperate, until they are feeling fit enough to regain their normal lifestyle (including post-operative support)
- Respite care for people who rely on a relative or friend for most of their care but would like to give that person a break from time to time
- End of Life care for people who prefer to remain in the comfort of their home for the last period of their life.
Call us at 01708 372 842 to see how we can help your loved one live independently at home. Our home assessments are complimentary, no-obligation consultations.
Who we are
At Bluebird Care (Havering) our staff is at the heart of what we do; they care because we care about them. We make sure that the people we hire are the kind of people we would want taking care of our loved ones.
Our care workers vary in age, ethnicity and skill and all undergo rigorous national criminal background checks and partake in hands-on, intensive training regularly.
Each member of our team is individually interviewed by a senior manager and mandated to:
- Undergo character references from previous employers
- Checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service ( DBS )
- Checks with the Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Possess or be working towards QCF Care qualifications
- Undertake comprehensive training courses which includes Medication Administration, Moving & Handling, Dementia Awareness, Safeguarding & Protection, First Aid, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Mental Capacity, Infection Prevention, Fire Safety, End of Life care amongst others
- Undergo regular reviews and supervision meetings to maintain quality of service
What sets us apart is our passion for making a difference and our service culture aimed at delivering the kind of high-quality care that really makes a difference to the lives of our customers.
What our customers say about us
Thank you to Bluebird Care for supporting me out in the community. I am enjoying myself."
Carers are very patient, warm, caring and understanding of autism and learning disabilities."
You are great, I never thought that you would be able to take my father as a customer and create for him a schedule in such a short time, you are professional. I am glad I chose Bluebird Care."
The team is brilliant, I am happy I contacted you. Thank you for the effort and commitment."
My dad’s carer is extremely helpful and considerate of his needs. She has also supported us a family making the new situation easier. We are lucky to have her supporting dad."
My carer has a very helpful attitude and does exceptional work. I am fortunate to have her as my care worker."
- February 2014
Care Workers advance training with QCF Courses in Health and Social Care
In a bid to further develop their careers and build upon the skills and training already received, 5 of our current care workers have signed on to pursue their Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
QCF Diplomas are nationally recognised qualifications with specialised training in Adult Social Care. Units include:
- - Introduction to communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- - Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- - Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- - Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- - The role of the health and social care worker
- - Implement person-centred approaches in health and social care
- - Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- - Handle information in health and social care settings
- - Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children's and young people's settings.
We support the team fully over the next couple months as they undertake these qualifications, and look forward to celebrating their success upon completion. The training is provided in conjunction with Progress to Excellence.
Care Worker of the Quarter
We are pleased to announce Teri Hawes as our second care worker of the Quarter.
As one of the first care-workers to join the team in May 2013, Teri continues to deliver the highest quality of care to our customers and is a great mentor to our new care workers.
Funny, hard-working, reliable and compassionate are just some of the adjectives other care workers, our customers and the supervisory team use to describe her.
She is a source of pride to all of us and we are delighted to highlight her outstanding service.
- December 2013
24 Hour Live-In Care for the Elderly during the Winter
We are pleased to announce the launch of our 24-hour peace-of-mind, live-in service for the current winter season.
With record-breaking snow and low temperatures expected through to March 2014, we can help ensure that you or a loved one will receive the care you need. We offer round-the-clock care relief and companionship to the elderly, for people who live alone, or don’t have a lot of family and friends nearby yet require consistent aid in the security and privacy of their own home.
Our live-in service includes all aspects of care for example assistance with getting up, washing, personal hygiene, general housekeeping, shopping, as well as accompanying customers on social visits. Our live-in care workers are matched to customers by personality and are present day and night to provide professional, reliable and compassionate care.
Sharon Lockey, Care Manager at Bluebird Care (Havering) is passionate about helping people who need care to stay at home and enjoy their lives,
If home is where you want to live, we can make that a reality. We understand that home is a safe haven and for many a window to the past, our 24-hour live-in service provides tailored personal assistance that allow customers to pursue their chosen lifestyle regardless of age or disability”.
Based in Harold Wood, we serve the areas of Romford, Upminster, Rainham, Gidea Park, Cranham, Collier Row, Elm Park, Hornchurch and surrounding areas. If you would like to discuss whether live-in care is a good fit for your needs please contact us on 01708 372 8442 for a complimentary, no-obligation home assessment.
- October 2013
Celebrating in Style
On 2 October we hosted a Blooming Great Tea Party in celebration of our official launch and to commemorate the nationwide observance of Silver Sunday.
We were pleased to be joined by the Deputy Mayor of Havering, Councillor Linda Trew who gave a few remarks and participated in the official ribbon cutting.
The tea party reminded us how lovely people in the community of Havering truly are; we were touched by the enthusiasm and compassion shown by everyone who attended.
Care Worker of the Quarter
We are pleased to announce Jeanette Hannon as our first care worker of the Quarter. Jeanette embodies the quality care we stand for at Bluebird Care (Havering). She is a source of pride to all of us and we are delighted to highlight her outstanding service.
This is what one of our customers had to say about Jeanette:
The task of finding the 'right' home care worker for a parent is one of the hardest tasks that face a family & we could have not found a better person. All the 'standard requirements' you start with on your list such as reliability, flexibility, punctuality, friendliness together with the specific skill set expected in a home care worker such as are how to deal with the practical requirements of the cared for we have found in Jeanette.
The daunting prospect of inviting a home care worker into the home of an elderly parent who is independent - stubborn to a degree - but in desperate need of help is hard for all parties. Jeanette has just the right skills to be able to do this perfectly - in our case being practical, authoritative & firm but with just the right amount of respect & friendliness to enable our dad to accept help whilst retaining his pride & dignity.”
- September 2013
Bluebird Care (Havering) to host Silver Sunday Event to Celebrate Elderly Residents
We will mark this year’s Silver Sunday celebration with an afternoon tea party for the elderly on 2 October.
Silver Sunday, now in its second year, is held on the first Sunday of October as a nationwide drive to celebrate elderly residents and their contribution to the community. The day is geared towards having the elderly try new things, keep active, meet neighbours and overcome loneliness.
Silver Sunday is an exciting opportunity for us to pay homage not just to our elderly customers but those in the Essex community at large” said Alvin Osei-Tutu, Director of the Harold Wood based Care Company. He added “We are also encouraged by the opportunity to inspire good relationships between young and old, which the day’s celebration is all about.”
Carded from 3-5pm, the free tea party will take place at the Romford YMCA; entertainment and refreshments will be provided. For more information or to attend please RSVP at 01708 372 842 or email@example.com
Presentation to Alzheimer’s Society
We commemorated International Day of Charity by presenting a cheque donation to Coral Kathro of the Havering Alzheimer’s Society. Having raised £79 over a month long fund raising drive, we matched the funds with a donation of our own.
- August 2013
Our Havering Show Debut
On 25 and 26 August, the team participated in the borough’s two-day Community Festival at the Harrow Lodge Park in Hornchurch.
Not only was it an opportunity for us to share who we are and the work that we do in Havering but we also took time to continue our month long drive to raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Society.
We are happy to report that by having patrons guess the number of balloons in our company car, we raised £66 for the Society over the two-day period. Joanne and Latrina, the proud winners display their hamper below filled with care essentials.
The countdown is definitely on till next year…we can’t wait to be back!
Bluebird Care (Havering) is a new member of UK Homecare Association
Who they are: The United Kingdom Homecare Association (UKHCA)is the national representative body for organisations that provide care, including nursing care, to people in their own homes.
What it means to us to be a member: The rights and welfare of both our customers and care workers are fundamental to the service we provide daily. Being a member of the UKHCA means we are pledging to be efficient and effective in our work; accountable, honest and most importantly driven by the highest standards of quality homecare.
To know more about the UKHCA’s Strategy Statement on Raising the Standard for Care, click here.
Car Support for Alzheimer’s Society
This month we have launched a summer long ‘spot the car’ initiative to raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Society.
The initiative introduced on August 5th, calls for residents to report any sightings of our new company vehicle as it journeys around the Borough of Havering. For every sighting logged the company will donate £1 to the Alzheimer’s Society.
Alvin-Osei-Tutu, Director of Bluebird Care (Havering) said,
I cannot think of a more meaningful way to debut our new vehicle. We are helping support a worthwhile cause all as we go about our daily services.”
This vehicle will facilitate our care workers as they enable our customers to retain their independence, and with the community’s participation we can also support those diagnosed with dementia and the people who care for them.”
This initiative will not only raise funds for the charity but seek to raise awareness on a condition that affects 750,000 people in the UK.
To join the drive, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01708372842 or tweet @CareHavering each time you spot our branded Toyota Aygo. Include date, time and location. Initiative runs till International Day of Charity on September 5th.
- July 2013
Complimentary Water to Beat the Summer Heat
On the summer’s hottest recorded day (July 18th), we took to the streets of Romford and the Queens Hospital to help locals stay hydrated.
With the Met Office triggering heat wave alert and health warnings for vulnerable people, we did our bit to beat the 29C heat by offering hospital patients and staff a complimentary bottle of water and sharing a few tips on how they could keep themselves and loved ones safe.
Our top ten tips are:
1) Listen to your body.
2) Turn on the AC! If your home doesn’t have air conditioning, go to a public building for a few hours to cool down.
3) Choose water or juice over alcohol. Alcohol raises risk for heat-related ailments.
4) Postpone outdoor work & activities but IF you must rest in the shade, drink plenty of water & invest in a good mist spray.
5) Check on your relatives & neighbours esp. if they are elderly or live alone. At least twice a day (am & pm) will do!
6) Cotton absorbs sweat allowing you to be dry and comfortable. Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-coloured clothing.
7) Eat less protein and more fruits & vegetables. Protein causes water loss which you want to avoid to combat dehydration.
8) Don’t leave children, pets or ANYONE in closed vehicles. Temp in there can reach well over 140° in minutes which can kill.
9) If you think you may be suffering from heat-related illness, call 999 right away. Trust your instincts, seek help!
10) Give us a call ANYTIME! We’d be happy to check-in on your loved one or provide personal care on these hot summer days.
We met lovely people along the way…including Rosa pictured with our Director above.
Care Workers receive training in Moving and Handling
In compliance with the Health and Safety Act, our second batch of Care Workers recently underwent 3 days of Induction Training which included Moving and Handling and Medication Administering.
Care Manager, Sharon Lockey stated:
Moving and Handling is a key part of the working day for most of our Care Workers, from assist
ing customers in moving, carrying equipment, doing laundry or shopping. Their safety as well as our customers is something we take very seriously and so we place great detail on the
quality of training we provide. It is extremely hands-on and intensive.”
Based on the trainees’ feedback…we can also add that the training was enjoyable. Welcome Traci, Ziynet and Teri to the team!